This was created entirely from scratch in Adobe Illustrator CS3. I got the Dolby Surround logo from brandsoftheworld.com.
This wasn't done for any particular project, more or less for fun, but to also brush-up on technical illustration. The dimensions aren't exact, but nearly every proportion is, including the angles in the sprockets. This was actually built from the inside out, I put together the sprockets and spools then drew in the tape path. I then layered in the remaining elements. The text and information is on a separate layer so that I can edit it easily, should I use this image for anything else.
Monday, September 17
Posted by Justin at 9:11 PM